A good burger is hard to beat and our grilled chicken burger is just right. Using quality ingredients means your burger will be delicious, and adding oregano and chilli just takes this burger to another level. If you’re outdoors, why not cook the chicken breasts on the barbecue.
grilled chicken burger
- 2 Ritchies chicken breasts cut in half cross ways or 4 Ritchies chicken breast steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- sea salt freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large slices tasty cheese
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced
- 2 small handfuls of salad leaves
- 3 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise or aioli
- 4 burger buns cut in half, warm and toasted
grilled chicken burger method
Preheat a griddle or heavy fry pan to medium hot. Season the chicken breast steaks on both sides with salt and pepper oregano and a sprinkle of chilli flakes if your using them.
Drizzle the griddle with olive oil. Grill the breast steaks for 3-4 minutes on one side then turn and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Place in a warm place to rest for about 5 minutes. Preheat an over head grill to medium hot.
Spread the base and top of the toasted buns with mayo or aioli, place the chicken on each bun base, top with a slice of cheese and place under a grill until it just melts. Pile on the tomato and salad leaves and finish with the bun top.
Makes 4. Preparation time 10 minutes. Cooking time 8-10 minutes