Looking to add more of the good stuff to your diet in 2017? Then these yummy low GI salmon vegetable fritters are just for you. They are full of veggies and packed with loads of protein from the chickpea flour, eggs and omega 3 rich salmon, and they taste as delicious as they are nourishing.
low GI salmon vegetable fritters
- 6 Joannes’ organic eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chickpea or besan flour
- 3 tablespoons Spiral ponzu (Japanese citrus soy)
- 2 x 200g cans salmon in spring water, drained
- ½ small head broccoli, very finely chopped including the stalk
- 2 kale leaves, spine removed and finely shredded
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ small capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- Kernels from 1 sweetcorn
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Absolute Organic coconut oil for frying
- Absolute Organic cane sugar free tomato sauce
low GI salmon vegetable fritters method
In a large bowl, add all the chopped vegetables and the drained salmon. Then using a large spoon, combine all the ingredients.
In a smaller bowl, add the eggs and beat in the chickpea flour until you have a thin smooth batter. Season with the ponzu, then pour the egg mix into the salmon and vegetable bowl, mixing well. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a large frying pan on a medium heat. Using 2 dessert spoons, spoon the salmon and vegetable mixture into the pan, shape each fritter as tidily as possible, using a fish slice as they cook. Turn at least once and cook until they are golden brown and the vegetables are tender. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Serve hot with a fresh salad and tomato sauce.
Makes 16 serves 4. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 10-15 minutes